We are thrilled to invite you and your member institutions to an exclusive leadership training event hosted by the Metropolitan Alliance for Common Good (MACG) in partnership with the Industrial Areas Foundation (IAF). Mark your calendars for two impactful afternoons of growth, development, and community building.
Event Details: December 3rd and 10th 1:00 PM - 5:00 PM
Location: Bethel Lutheran 5658 N Denver Ave, Portland OR 97217
About the Event: The IAF-based Leadership Training is designed to empower leaders like you and create new leaders with the skills and knowledge needed to make a real impact within your institution and the broader community. Our network is dedicated to nurturing a flexible, ever-evolving school of public life where leaders can thrive.
What to Expect: The curriculum includes how to: understand power; discover and act on the interests of your institution; identify and develop sustainable leadership; think and act strategically; and most important, how to engage in real conversations about the mission and democratic action of your institution- including the ability to discuss, argue, negotiate and compromise- while forming and maintaining collaborative relationships that ultimately lead to action.
During these sessions, you will have the opportunity to:
- Engage in small group discussions and larger plenary sessions.
- Explore various teaching modalities, including lectures, role plays, case studies, and more.
- Reflect on your own leadership journey and your institution's mission.
- Learn and practice skills crucial for building broad-based organizations.
- Understand the dynamics of power and how to leverage it effectively.
- Identify sustainable leadership strategies.
- Think and act strategically to advance your institution's values and interests.
- Engage in meaningful conversations about your institution's mission and democratic action.
- Hone your abilities in discussing, arguing, negotiating, and compromising while fostering collaborative relationships that drive real change.
We invite you to join us on December 3rd and 10th for this transformative leadership experience. The knowledge and skills you gain will not only benefit you as an individual leader but will also empower your institution to act on its values and interests within the broader community.
The cost will be included for all MACG Members and Institutions. The cost for non-MACG members is $100.00 per participant. If your institution is exploratory and not currently paying membership dues, please feel free to reach out regarding payment options for sending multiple people or large groups.
Thank you for your commitment to building a stronger, more connected society. We look forward to learning and growing together with you at the MACG IAF based Public Life Training. Please share this information within your institutions.
5658 N Denver Ave
Portland, OR 97217
Google map and directions